Sv. Toma (Saint Thomas)
The church of Sveti Toma (Saint Thomas) was in the eponymous medieval settlement, which is most likely the origin of the name of the church.
The church originated in the 13th century and was built in the shape of trefoil. The proof of existence of St. Thomas church is its foundation excavated in 1961. The foundation serves as a proof of its existence. The church is situated around 1 kilometer from Vrsi, towards Poljica. We hope that in the near future, we will be able to renew the church in its original form.
Sv. Jakov (Saint Jacob)
The church of Sv. Jakov is situated in the area of a medieval settlement of Seline, also known as Zloušane. The single nave shaped church dates back to the 11th and the beginning of the 12th century.
Many Medieval graves were discovered around the church (124). Most churches buried the deceased around the church area. The church of Sv. Jakov has been completely renovated. In summer times, every Sunday evening, a holy mass is held in Sv. Jakov.
Sv. Lovre (Saint Lawrence)
Single nave Romanesque chapel established in the 13th century, served for ceremonial purposes to inhabitants of previous settlement of Jasenovo. Currently only the walls of the church are left. Residents of Vrsi are eager to have the church refurbished. Very interesting fact is that it is the only church in Vrsi that does not have cemetery within its area. A possible explanation for that is the existence of nearby church Saint Michael (Sveti Mihovil).
Sveti Mihovil (Saint Michael)
Saint Michael (Sveti Mihovil) dates back to the 10th century and served as a place of worship for the inhabitants of the settlement Jasenovo. Around Sveti Mihovil, the deceased were buried even after Sveti Lovre was built. Sveti Mihovil was located towards South from Jasenovo, in the old cemetery. During the expansion and construction of the cemetery in 1951, the church has been torn down. Its foundations currently remain underground.
Sv. Mihovil – župna crkva (Saint Michael-the parish)
Saint Michael (Sveti Mihovil), the patron saint of Vrsi, has a parish dedicated to him in the center of Vrsi.
The single nave church was built at the end of 17th and beginning of the 18th century. On the 29th of September, each year, there is a festive procession throughout Vrsi where the statute of the patron saint is carried around Vrsi. The parish was built on the ruins of the old church that was destroyed during the Ottoman wars.
Crkva Gospe od Jasenova (The Church of Our Lady of Jasenovo)
The church was built to honour the apparition of Our Lady that occurred to a widow Jelena Grubišić, on the 21st April 1516. It has been thoroughly refurbished in 1984 when a new bell tower with one bell was built.
Crkva Gospe od Zečeva (The Church of Our Lady of Zvečevo)
The Church of Our Lady of Zvečevo (Crkva Gospe od Zečeva) is situated on the islet of Zvečevo. In written sources it is first mentioned in 1335. Prior to Ottoman wars there was a monastery next to the church. The monastery was taken down in the Ottoman wars. The statute of Our Lady of Zečevo has been transferred to Nin. Every year the statute of Our Lady is transported from Nin to the church in Zečevo. The celebration of Our Lady of Zečevo is on the 5th of May with pilgrimage to the islet. It is a unique and a beautiful event.
The Chapel (Kapelica)
The Chapel (Kapelica) was built and consecrated in the center of Vrsi in 2007. It has been rebuilt on the same spot where it was found in 1919, as stated by the local legend. Residents bring flowers daily in honour of Our Lady, St. Anthony and St. Michael, whose statute and pictures are inside the chapel.
Catholic Church Saint Michael the Archangel (Katolička crkva Sv. Mihovila Arkanđela)
Catholic Church Saint Michael the Archangel (Sv. Mihovila Arkanđela) was built in 1857 and refurbished in 1921. The parish in Poljica was established in 1687.
The Orthodox Church Nativity of the Virgin Mary – Our Lady (Pravoslavna crkva Rođenja Bogorodice)
The church was built in 1868. The church and its surroundings have been restored in 2005/2006.